Thursday 25 June 2015

Clearing My Exams

I did my First Yes Course in May 2008 (after appearing for 10th board exams) I was an average student and after every exam my parents used to tell me same thing that if I would have studied then I would have scored much better marks. In the course my teacher, Swami Hardikji told us to give 100% in whatever we do in your life. I used to feel very bad that I did not gave my 100% during my SSC studies, so I was tensed and worried about the result all the time. On the day of my result, after Kriya I was sitting in front Guruji’s picture. At that time my mom came and said the same thing, if you would have studied then the situation would have better. I went to toilet and there I felt I could hear Guruji’s Voice in my mind. He asked how much I would like score in 10th, 84% or 87% and I answered that 84% is enough and on my mark sheet my score was exactly 84.15%
The same happened during my HSC exam (12th grade board exams). In that academic year I did almost all the courses, Yes!+, Yes!++, Yes!+

DSN and I was active in Kalyan Yes!+
I used to feel that if I don’t score good marks then I will spoil Art of living’s image. On the day of my result I was chanting the Guru Pooja in my mind, then I intuitively thought that the second digit of my percentage would be 8, so I was expecting 68 or 78, but 68 was too low and 78 was too high for me. I was praying to Guruji, and when result was declared my score was exactly 78%
I am in my final year of the CA course now. I appeared for CA entrance exam, IPCC, in May 2011. We have 2 groups in IPCC, 1st group has 4 Subjects and 2nd group has 3 Subjects to clear. During my results, I was in the same situation. I prayed to Guruji that I should at least clear one of the two groups, but the moment I prayed to him a I felt that I don’t know what is best for me. I said Guruji whatever is your wish let it happen, then Guruji’s reply (in my mind!) was, “I think you should do the groups”, and the same thing happened, I cleared both the groups.
Today, whatever I am and wherever I am, it’s just because of him; I can’t imagine my life without Guruji and Art of Living.
Jai Gurudev
Love,
Abhijit

As a teenager my life was as smooth as a breeze. But the year I wrote my 10th grade exam was different. I was nervous as I was not confident about my performance, I could have done far better had I put in a little more effort. Around that time I did my first Youth Empowerment Seminar (YES) course, conducted by the Art of Living foundation , for teenagers.
Art of living foundation was established by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. He is a great humanitarian and his compassion has won him followers all around the globe. Apart from the charity work that this organization does they also conduct meditation and self- help programs.
Teenagers are most vulnerable to emotional upheavals, confusions and peer pressure as a result they get into conflict with parents, teachers, peers and authority which may have long term effect on their psyche. Many have carried their emotional trauma to adulthood and lost their way.
But Sri Sri has thought about young adults and designed a program designed for us. Called YES! It is an empowering tool for teenagers. It gives us an opportunity to look deeply within us, face our apprehensions and concerns, and look at life on a larger canvas so it becomes less intimidating. During the YES program our instructor told us that to give our 100% to whatever we do. A small voice from inside said that I had not done my 100% and I was not sure if I would make up to good grades. 
I had just finished my meditation and was sitting in front of Sri Sri’s photograph. I was peevish about the thoughts of result when my mother impatiently commented that I should have put in little more effort in preparing for the exams rather than getting jittery now. After listening to my mom’s comments and my own nervous thoughts all I could do was to run to my room for some peace and quiet. I thought I heard Gurujis voice in my head asking me how much marks do I want to get in my 10th grade. 84% to 87% is what I remember answering and to my surprise I got 84.15%. It could be a dream or a coincidence but if events repeat then you know for sure it is certainly not fluke. Something similar happened during high school.
When I was in high school I would actively participate in the YES activities and volunteer for organising and conducting YES programs. I blossomed as a confident youth and I simply loved being surrounded by happy and positive people.
Around this time I had written my high school exams. I felt a sense of responsibility that if I did not do well I may be spoiling the name of Art of Living. On the day of the result I was meditating when I intuitively go a number 8 in my mind, I thought my marks will be either 68% or 78%..68 was too low and 78 was too high for me. I prayed to Guruji and when the results were declared my score was exactly 78%!!. It was a miracle and it happened for the second time.
I have learned that a sincere prayer and total faith can move mountains… I have a sense of security that someone is taking care of me. I have also experienced that whatever you do if it is done with 100% commitment the results are always favourable.
 I am completing my studies and soon will be employed and I know that Sri Sri’s blessings are always with me.
I have felt the real empowerment that Art of Living courses have instilled in me over the years. I have matured to accept favourable and unfavourable situation and keep a balance of emotions and get back on my feet when things have not gone my way. Eventually everything falls in place. I endorse the ancient principal of having a guru as a guide in your life. Yes and in today’s time Sri Sri seems to fulfil that role for me and so many others. I wish these numbers keep growing. Art of Living has a presence in 105 countries. It never seems to amaze me how Sri Sri Ravishankar is accepted universally.... everyone seems to get connected to him in their own personal way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment